Wednesday, October 31, 2007

T minus 50

I'm going to stay up a little tonight and get a quick jump on the writing. These are the rules that I'm going to play by in my head. Remind me to look back at this post when I get frustrated.

1. No editing. Spelling, I'll fix. But I'm just going to write one sentence after another. Sort of like running a marathon. You may plan out your next step, but you don't stop and contemplate each step as you take it.

2. Internal consistency? What's that? I'll try to keep things clean, but I won't worry too much about it if I don't. Remember, I'm not writing the finished draft of a novel, here.

3. Write for one hour a day. That's write. Not one hour of thinking about writing, or making tea, or fiddling with a playlist in iTunes, but setting down strings of words.

Let's go!

No comments: